1956 – Founding of TORWEGGE
1969 – Expansion
1971 – Start-up of conveyor technology unit
Horst Langenscheidt, an engineer in the company, starts a second business unit – conveyor technology. For the manufacture of roller conveyors for the furniture industry, a locksmith for conveyor technology is established in Brake.
1976 – First large warehouse
1985 – Own company building
The company’s first building of its own is constructed. A hall with about 1,000 m2 and a warehouse and office space of 250 m2 offer plenty of room for the business to expand. Just three years later, the warehouse is expanded to 1,800 m2 and the office building to 500 m2.
1993 – Founding of TORWEGGE Glauchau
Construction of a warehouse with offices and flats to systematically expand business in East Germany. The subsidiary has become an important company in the region and in Eastern Europe. Increasing numbers of employees and the training of young people open up long-term perspectives.
2000 – New buildings for wheels and castors & conveyor technology
To meet the growing space requirements, a 10,000 m2 property with a 4,000 m2 hall and 600 m2 office building are built. The production of wheels and castors and conveyor technology is thus, once again, under one roof.
2008 – Founding of TORWEGGE Förderelemente GmbH & Co. KG
After only a few years, the rapidly expanding conveyor technology unit is spun off. The TORWEGGE Förderelemente GmbH & Co. KG is founded, the existing property expanded by 7,000 m2 and a 1,000 m2 production hall and 600 m2 of office space are built on the property.